Re: Tools, etc.

To: british-cars@encore.com, cgh!paul@encore.com
Subject: Re: Tools, etc.
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 09:03:02 +1100
I don't have an extensive tool kit in my car (only 7 screwdrivers including
2 Phillips, set of Imperial spanners (cheap Chrome Vanadium), a "Moles" locking
Wrench and a shifter), which I put together myself, and store in a nylon (?)
tent peg bag.  The only "complete" sets available in Oz are either cheap-and-
nasty, or super-expensive Sidchrome.  I think that it would be better to mix
and match tools, buying good-quality but reasonably priced ones, and buying or
making a box to store them in.  As for spares, I (now) keep a full set of fuses,
lamps, and my old distributor cap, rotor and condensor (the condensor is a bit
faulty, but it should get me safely home if the other dies).  Also, I keep a
roll of insulation tape and a can of spray lubricant.
This is a VERY basic kit, and certainly anything you think you may need yshould
be added.

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |