Healeys

To: british-cars%alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Healeys
From: linus!mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!WALZER%enp.prime.com@encore.encore.com
Date: 10 Jan 91 10:27:58 EST
  In answer to Mike Tobin's questions:

 The AH 3000 Mk-I was produced from 1959-1961.
 The AH 3000 Mk-II was produced from 1961-1962
 The Mk-I and Mk-II both had the BN7, BJ7 designations. The BN7 represents
the so-called "roadster version with it's - what I call "bolt-on" side-
curtains, and the BT7 designation represents the "convertible" version
with it's roll-up windows.

 In March 1961, some models were fitted with the "Tri-carb" HS4 setup.
Thus, the tri-carb setup may be on a Mk-II AH-3000.

 In (June?) 1962 the BN7, BT7 production was discontinued and the BJ7
was introduced - still as a Mk-II model. The BJ7 & BJ8 of course were
both convertible versions.
No tri-carb BJ7, BJ8 versions were produced.

There is much overlap (obviously) of model and chassis designations as
well as parts on the cars. Big question at many concours judging is
" what is original?" on a Healey. to get specific, chassis & production
dates are considered.

 The new book: Original Austin Healey by Anders Clausager is a good book
which provides much detail/photos/dates/etc.

Happy Healeying.....
      Duane Walzer  (1955 Austin Healey 100-4 BN1)
                    (Mine is a late BN1 with reflector pods on back as
                     was standard on 100-4 BN2 models.)