Re: Surprises in Hayward (CA) Pick-your-part

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Surprises in Hayward (CA) Pick-your-part
From: guy@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov (Aran Guy)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 91 12:35:33 PST
.    All 4
     cars looked like they had just been pulled out of
     someone's garage after sitting for years, ie. rat's
     nests, musty smell, and since 99% of the people who go
     to this yard wouldn't have a clue what any of this
     stuff is, very soon they will all be crushed and sold
     for their weight only ($ 25.00 per ton I think).
 My friend here at work with the 17 cars says that Pick-Your-Part
actually has a place in the valley where they stash old cars with
the potential of being collectible; even parts cars appreciate.
 So what isn't picked is packed for later.
 Of course, I doubt very few Pintos make it past the crusher.
 All these junkers are now hooked up on their own network. If the
Mercedes were any good, "All Mercedes" in Oakland would have grabbed
them, like they found out about and bought from me the most tattered
M-B 220SE convertible you can possibly imagine. (A sad and sordid
story)
 Aran (I know a boatyard with a MB 190SL stashed under a tarp,
 rotting away in the salty air....) Guy  guy@bevsun.bev.lbl.gov