Re: Desk Toys

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Desk Toys
From: robbp%pyrthoth.pyramid.com@bu.edu (Rob Pryor)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 91 09:19:10 -0700
Yes, for myself, I keep photos of Healeys and other interesting cars on the
wall.  I also keep a few special car parts to remind me of past stupidities
in the hope I will avoid them in the future.  Such as a shattered piston and
twisted connecting rod from a Sprite engine that self-destructed one morning
on the way to work.  Two of the six burned exhaust valves from a 100-6 engine
I spent a week trying to start before trying a compression check.  A badly
pitted piston from a disc brake caliper I had to replace after doing a
"complete" overhaul of the hydraulic system two weeks previous.  If there was
enough room, I'd have the first Big Healey I bought in here, on a stand, for
the same reason, but that's another story.