Re: MGB tech questions

To: british-cars@hoosier, djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: MGB tech questions
From: davevh@microsoft.com
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 92 15:00:55 PDT
| I recently removed my carpeting [on '73 MGB] and found a small bundle
| of wires popping up hrough the floor under the passenger's seat.  They
| didn't connect to anything.  I know they are not for the seatbelt
| warning system, those wires are | back further, these are centered
| under the seat.

I'll bet those're for the ignition interlock.  You know, that
short-lived Congressional foolishness that the car couldn't be started
unless the seat belts were fastened.  That meant a weight sensor on the
passenger seat.  That law only lasted about 6 months before being hastily
repealed, but I think a '73 was built at just about the right time to
be originally covered by it.

Dave