TR-3 restoration help?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR-3 restoration help?
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 92 08:32:03 PST
I need to make an appeal to the net wisdom.
I have a 1960 TR-3 that needs a ground up restoration.
I have been going very slow at it because, it is going to involve
doing a lot of things that I've never done before and the funds
for this project have been very tight. So mostly I've just been
gathering a few parts at swap meets, for the 2 years that I've had it.
Now I've just found out that the old retired guy that does all my
sand blasting real cheap has to move, and is going to leave the
area all together.
So I have a real motivation to accelerate the first steps of this
restoration.
My intent is to take the rolling chassis (engine, trans, doors,
bonnet, boot and interior all ready removed) over have him
concentrate on the floor board, sill and seams that are rustiest.
Then bring the car home remove the body, strip the chassis of
suspension etc and take all those parts back to him to be striped.
Then get the chassis and suspension powder coated, reassemble then
replace the body to do those repairs.

So here is my question/inquiry of anyone who has taken the body
off the chassis.  How rigid are they? Do you need to fabricate
some support in the doors to keep the body from buckeling on the
sills?

                          greg_meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com