Re: TR-3 restoration help?

To: Greg Meythaler <akgua!att!intelhf.hf.intel.com!ccm!Greg_Meythaler>,
Subject: Re: TR-3 restoration help?
From: gfd@akguc.att.com
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 92 13:45 EDT
Greg,

For what its worth I just removed the body off a 1961 TR3
this past weekend.  However, I cut it in half first (left to right,
fore and aft) because I needed the rear part of the body
and the front was trash.  Anyway, it seems to me that how
self-supporting it is depends on the condition of the
sills or beams that connect the front to the rear.  In
my case the right sill was rusted badly and I am sure
that the body would have buckled if I tried to remove
it whole.  I believe, but don't know for a fact, that
if the sills are sound it would handle well.  Maybe
some others can give more input.

Good luck on your venture.

George DeVeau
Atlanta, GA