Historic Mog???

To: dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com (Dick Nyquist)
Subject: Historic Mog???
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 92 14:50:26 PDT
| Subject: Re: Historic Morgan?
| Roland Dudley writes\
|
| \green Morgan.  Would this be historically correct for 1940?
|
| Morgan had several models out before The War.
|
| \the distinctive round top radiator and very Morganlooking fenders.
|
| I thought Moggies had flat radiators before 1953.
|
| Login name: phile                             In real life: Philip J Ethier

I only got in at the end of this so I don't know how it started but.......
Morgan goes way back (1908?) but I don't recall any prewar Mogs except 3
wheelers.
And I don't think they made water cooled cars 'til after the war when they
came out with a trike with a water cooled 1 liter English Ford "L"head engine.
Over the years, the air cooled trikes ran three engines, Matchless, JAP,
or British Anzani. Being air cooled they didn't realy have radiators, though
they sometimes had a rounded fairing that some what resembles a radiator.
I'm not sure I've got every detail right but I think that's the general drift.

Their were lot of small britsh sports cars in the 1930s that looked a bit like
post war Morgans though. regards/DickN