RE: Car for sale info

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Car for sale info
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1992 10:13:02 -0500 (CDT)
>From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder - lesnyd@monsanto.com -
>(314)694-3626)
>Does the majority of the list like or dislike the posting of British cars
>on sale around the country? I can do it for this area, when I get a chance.
>(St. Louis, that is).

Yes, I certainly do enjoy seeing all the "for sale in Red Oak, IA"
postings, even though the great majority of them are cars I will never see
or even hear of again.  Two things I like about the messages:  1) I might,
just MIGHT, see something that is so incredibly intriguing that I could be
influenced to travel great distances to get something that I really want or
need.  ("Need" is certainly a relative term, no?)   2) Probably of more
interest are the prices that are being asked for various forms of
automobilia, just to keep things straight in my mental database of LBC
values.  (with endpoints like "MGM MIGIT - $10,000" and "MGB-GT - it
starts! - Free, take it away"...)

*PET PEEVE MODE ON*
And in a related vein - yes, please do include your location in the
posting;  i.e. from Larry's address I could see that he works for Monsanto,
but he added "St. Louis" so I would know which location.   And while we're
on the subject, please try to include a legit e-mail address somewhere in
the body of your message - the ones I get in the "From:" headers don't
always make it here unscathed; occasionally they're worthless.
*PET PEEVE MODE OFF*

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726