Re: Car for sale info

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder - lesnyd@monsanto.com - (314)694-3626)
Subject: Re: Car for sale info
From: dixon@fourfold.pc.ocunix.on.ca (dixon kenner)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1992 16:30:11 -0400
lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder - lesnyd@monsanto.com -
(314)694-3626) writes:

> Does the majority of the list like or dislike the posting of British cars
> on sale around the country? I can do it for this area, when I get a chance.
> (St. Louis, that is).

Myself, I enjoy seeing the adverts.  It gives me an idea of what the
various cars are going for, and if one appears within a reasonable
distance, and I was in the market, I would know where to go.

Unfortunately, my cash reserves are limited and I think that my neighbours
will go for an eviction notice if I add another LBC to my front yard.
Besides, my current problem is were to dig up about $10-12k (Cdn) for a mid
'60s 427 Cobra I have found.  It runs, is all there, and has been garaged
for the past 8+ years.  The owner doesn't like it because it uses to much
gas and handles poorly.  He also doesn't have a clue about what he has
sitting there...  :-)

Oh yeah, don't bother asking where it is.  I have already been offered a
mint MGB for free if I give the location out to one person...  (This price
might even beat the $50 I spent on my daily driver Mini which was going to
get crushed because the owner preferred building streach Chevettes)

Rgds,

--
dixon kenner, dixon@fourfold.pc.ocunix.on.ca
FourFold Symmetry, Breckenridge, Quebec, Canada