Mystery box

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Mystery box
From: Philippe Habib <phabib@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 92 14:29:02 -0700
When I had the intake manifold off my TR7 to change the water pump, I found
a small box screwed to the firewall.  The box was labeled "Lucas Electronic
Ignition Amplifier"  It had a 2 wire connector comming out of it.  It was not
connected to anything and I found no matching connector anywhere to attach
to it.

The ignition seems to work fine without it, so I'm wondering what this thing
is.  Was it original?  Was it installed at the factory on all firewalls and
only hooked up for some models of electronic ignition modules?

Any ideas would be appreciated.