Re: Dismantled or Broken?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Dismantled or Broken?
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 92 17:02:32 -0700
sfisher@wsl.dec.com writes:

        :

>But I'm having a hard time getting my non-car-enthusiast friends
>to understand that no, the car isn't BROKEN.  I just have it APART.
>There's a DIFFERENCE.

        :

The one that irritates me is the conversation that takes place
repeatedly with those who know I own a LBC, but don't have any great
fund of small talk, as follows:

Non-LBCer> "Hey, Cory, how's the Lotus running?"

       Me> "Fine."

Non-LBCer> "How come I haven't seen you driving it for awhile?"

       Me> "Well, I'm working on the _____ right now, so I can't drive it."

Non-LBCer> "I thought you said it was running fine!"

       Me> "There's nothing wrong with the engine, it's just that it's
            on jackstands/the dash is out of it/I'm waiting for new ___/other."

Non-LBCer> "Wow, I bet you wish you never bought that car!"

       Me> "Well, there are certain times... ."

This isn't too bad the first time, but then you run into that person
again the following week... .

-coryc