Dismantled or Broken?

To: sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Dismantled or Broken?
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Tue, 19 May 92 17:24:41 -0700

I just could not resist commenting on this Scott, I seem to be in the
same boat. I run around with a couple of guys here at Amex. One of them
owns a Porsche 928s and the other owns a Vette.

The guy with the Porsche says that his Porsche(s) always starts without
failure, and they never leave him stranded anywhere. They always start
he says, but... they may not always run well after they start. But it
does start.

The guy with the Vette says his car always starts also. But if the least
little thing goes wrong with the electronics in the car it is dead and
will not go anywhere. So I presumed that that meant he has been stranded
a time or two when it wouldn't go any more.

Well as you say Scott, just because I have my head stuck under the hood
with wrenches screwdrivers and the like does not mean that the car is
broken. I'm either doing PM (preventitive maintenance), or tweeking
something because I did not think it was running optimum, and wanted one
to find out why and two to correct the problem.

This weekend I was doing some carb work, as almost all know I have had
fuel feed problems with my carbs. Well I solved that problem, the tabs
on the floats were not quite adjusted the way they should have been. So
in the process of putting everything back together I got the front and
rear floats mixed up and they ended up in the wrong carbs. I realized
this late in the evening while sucking on some ale and watching the
idiot box. The next day I figure while it is still cool that I will go
down and swap the floats to their rightful place in life.

(Don't ask how I got them mixed up or how they fit, AND worked.
Something just struck me wrong about how they looked after installing
them on the car.)

Well while in the process of doing the swap my next door neighbor come
out of her apartment, and can you guess what she said after she said
hello? Well I will tell you because it was not exactly `Well I see that
you are working on the car again`, but `Why don't you buy a reliable
car, that works?` And to her I said but it is running just fine, I
screwd up and put a couple of parts in backwards and wnated to correct
them while they were still fresh in my mind.

So *I* know what you are talking about.

Bruce...