RE:USA Today

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE:USA Today
From: RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 09:03 EDT
On the subject of Photo Radar, I recall,from when I was in Germany,
most of the larger cities (Munich, etc) had cameras mounted at
various, critical intersections. If you blew through a red light,
snap, snap, click, click...say no more....

At night these cameras were agumented with a strobe. Anyway, it seems
that the locals would go out, cover their rear lic. plate with
mud, etc., then proceed through a red light, while the rear seat
passenger, pants down to his/her ankle, would press their exposed
cheeks out of the rear window in the general direction of the
camera....

For you inventors out there...is it possible to make a LCD screen
which could cover the licence plate? What I have in mind is that
you have a radar detector which picks up the photo radar band...
then transmits a signal to both a speaker and the LCD screen. The
LCD screen would blacken, thereby covering the lic. plate number...
and foiling the photo radar.

Ric Golen