More Dismantled and/or Broken?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: More Dismantled and/or Broken?
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Wed, 20 May 92 10:38:10 CDT
BOY do I agree with you (second person plural).  Even my
wife has no concept of WHY we work on our LBCs.  I have tried
the 'it's enjoyable to tinker with the engine' and the
'continual attention to the LBC prevents trouble' lines.
What I get in return is 'Why don't you get rid of those OLD
JUNK CARS? You'd have a lot more time for the things you
like to do.'   Aaaaah, there we are.  The misunderstanding.
It is the 'OLD JUNK CARS' that I like to 'do'.  Granted,
(some people think that) you can spend too much time playing
but that is a measure of personal time management.

I really can't fuss. I own a running 1976 XJ6L, a 1976 XJ-S in
boxes and a 1984 XJ-S in wonderful condition.  I was feeling
terribly guilty about buying the two 1976 cars when my
wife started the 'OLD JUNK CARS' line but this time with a
new twist.  She followed the infamous quote with, 'Why don't
you buy a newer car?'  Magic words spoken, I went shopping
for, what else, a newer LBC!  Therein lies the story behind
the '84 XJ-S that I otherwise would never have considered
buying.

Now of course there is the little matter of the two other
Jaguars that I havn't yet sold.  I visited a few of the local
book stores (as usual) looking for a book called something
like 'How to SELL a used car'.  I found multiple volumes of
'How to buy ...' but no sells.  So, my question, for this
paragraph, is, 'Does anyone out there in SOL land know of a
book on this topic?' The closest thing I can find is a book
called Ultimate Auto Detailing that recommends detailing
'tricks' that help resale values.

My employer would appreciate it if I went back to work now.

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, untill they're worth something, at
  which point they become the property of my employer...