Re: More Dismantled and/or Broken?

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Re: More Dismantled and/or Broken?
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 08:06:42 -0400
Bruce Carter scribed:
 Subject: More Dismantled and/or Broken?
> Rick Lindsay scribes:
>
> > BOY do I agree with you (second person plural).  Even my
> > wife has no concept of WHY we work on our LBCs.

> and Scott Paisley:
> > Ask your friends to live with you for a while.  My wife understands...
> > I'll let you know
> > when I can convince her that it is just APART and not BRokEn...

> So we need to add a another calculation to the LBCQ formula.

Ah, foo. You'all are just forgetting that your spouse is just part of
the general non-understanding population that you happen to live with.
Watch what you say 'bout wives et. al. I know women who can make many
male Brit-car hackers look silly. You just have to do a proper job of
selecting your mate! Tillys first car was a '71 BGT. Now, while she'd
rather spend her time elsewise, she is capable of doing a tune-up, and
knows what most of the internal parts of an engine are. She knows her
LBC's (et al) and is an avid race fan. Yup- she activily supports and
shares in my dementia praecox. The combined effects are obvious in
our 3-year-old. Kim has already decided she will race at Watkins Glen
when she gets big. I have few doubts that she may, but I've told her she
has to build her own car...

      Roger Garnett           (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
        "The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."