Re: Dead B in the middle of the garage

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Dead B in the middle of the garage
From: Don.Adams@EBay.Sun.COM (Don Adams Staff Systems Eng Sun Federal)
Date: Tue, 26 May 92 16:07:23 PDT
TeriAnn,

No, I could not see that the head gasket was blown anywhere.

Have not run a compression test recently. I did however place
my thumb over each sparcplug hole and feel the compression which
did not feel extremely low or at any imbalance.

Timing is on.

Checked for warps with my metal straight edge, could not detect any.
Also went over head and top of block with rotating wire brush to
clean up so that I could hope to see any cracks with light and mirror.

At the time it went on the road there was no thermostat. I have since
tried it both with and without the thermostat with the same results.

Did not appear to be bubbles; just steam.

With the thermostat in I can not run it for ten minutes after it opens up.

Don