1964-5 TR4 TR4 TR4!!!! Scuttle Vent and Windscreen Stuff

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: 1964-5 TR4 TR4 TR4!!!! Scuttle Vent and Windscreen Stuff
From: mrmike@michelotti.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Wed, 27 May 92 19:48:38 EDT
OK, I've gotten 9 replys that say "You should put the make and
model in your post" and 2 very polite "What car?" replys.  I
sent out an "Oops" about a half hour after the first note (and
the 3rd comment I recieved).  I only own one britcar, and I
thought I'd asked enough stupid questions about it that people
would remember me, but.... Did everybody forget their fiber
this week, or what?  A re-post of the original note follows
my .signature.

                                                        - MM

I asked this once before, and I have recently learned a $30
lesson, so I'm asking it again.  The scuttle vent hinge
(pins/bolts/nuts/etc.) I got from TSI is unusable (There is a
hole eaten in the mounting plate, and I don't really want to
strip and re-paint something so obviously "not right".  I am
in need of this part in good enough shape that it can be put
on a car that is one day going to be in better than OK shape.
(i.e. not rusted nearly in two and bent to hell).

I don't need the vent itself (They sent it to me.  Wondered
why it was so expensive).  One of the parts cars out there
_must_ be able to spare one...

While I'm here, did anybody archive the windscreen replacement
dialog a while back?  I finally got Sonja's off and I want to
re-do the seal (cause it leaks like a sieve).  I remember the
posts, but I somehow let them pass by without saving them...
I'd look on hoosier, but my FTP machine is being annoying
again.

--
passaretti@crd.ge.com                     {whatever}!crdgw1!brahe!passaret
mrmike@fasun0.ae.ge.com         {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!fasun0!mrmike