Re: your mail

To: gfd@akguc.att.com, pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.com
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 92 17:16:33 -0700
Phillip,
My pile of spares fit into 2 cardboard boxes.  One for the LandRover and one
for both the MG & TR3.  Lets see, my Land Rover box has a water pump rebuilding
kit, Extra complete tail & turn signal light assemblies, one of the original
guages that I removed, spare carb, new spare radiator hoses and tune up
parts, new unused clutch slave cylinder, and some hydrolic rebuilding kits.

The MG/TR box has lots of spare Lucas lenses, a new TR3 tach and not much else.

Since the TR3 is still appart I have the essentual number of a lot of parts
sitting about that are not spares.

Sorry but when new parts are available I use them unstead of imperfect used
parts and I do not feel a need to stock used parts that are readilly
available through used parts sources.  I only keep things that are not
readilly available like my collection of late TR3 overdrive switches.
I read somewhere that Lucas lenses were going to be discontinued for my TR3
so I started saving them when I come accross them.

Otherwise, if I get extra parts, they get sold of dumped depending upon
condition and rarity.

Phillip,  Maybe this collecting lots of spares is a guy thing afterall??
Troughfully, if I had a mechanic on hand that I could trust to do things
right and could afford, I wouldn't even work on them.  I love driving them,
I work on them because of necessity & insanity, but I do not collect
spares as a hobby.

TeriAnn

Philip,  I'll use one L in your name if you will use one r in mine ;*)