SOL identifiers (was Radar and dome other alliterations)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SOL identifiers (was Radar and dome other alliterations)
From: Ed Devinney <pismobch@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 27 May 92 20:35:31 -0700
Andrew Green writes:
>Anyway, the thought occurred to me that it might be neat to have some sort
>of discreet (No! Really BIG) decal or grille badge that would identify
members
>of our illustrious electronic car club gathered here today

Well, I just got really setteled in to my life here in SF, and what did
I find in my junque but ... TA DA!  The SOL ID that some of us concocted
about 1.5 years ago.  I now have connections to a T-shirt print shop that
wants to try production from PostScript, so I'm really (honest!) going
to get these things going.  Sheesh - I don't have my cars to swork on here,
so what better thing to do.

The SOL id as it stands is a crossed conrod and spanner rampant on the
Union Jack, with the mysterious letters S O L emblazoned above all in
the fearsome shade of BRG.  Underneath is 'british-cars@autox.team.net',
if we can use that (mjb - will that p/o the powers that be like it might
of when the list was at commercial shops?).

Here be the options: t-shirts, patches, decals, and badges, and that's
about the order of $$$, too.  Most people preferred t-shirts when I
last pinged the list - if you're interested, please send me some mail;
in 2 company moves I've lost the old mail - sorry.  Additionally, with
Modern Computer Technology, we can also probably get decent small runs
of decent paper and transparency output, so you can plunk it in your
windshield, or have a Field Expedient for a lost side curtain or something.

Waiting with bated breath, I remain Yr Hmbl & Obdnt Srvnt -

ed devinney                                             pismobch@well.sf.ca.us
        "I don't know what the world may need,
         but a V8 engine's a good start for me..." - Cracker