Re: Shirt Order

To: sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Re: Shirt Order
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 17:12:29 pdt
> To: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
> Cc: pismobch@well.sf.ca.us, british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu, sfisher@Pa.dec.com
> Subject: Shirt Order
> Date: Thu, 28 May 92 10:50:25 PDT
> From: Cognitive Dissonance On-A-Stick <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
>

> Note also that the one time I got to be the T-Shirt Poo-Bah, the amount
> of money that we had to give them when we went to get the shirts made
> was slightly different from the amount of money that we had been told
> over the phone (and therefore that I had collected from everybody).  No
> need to guess which one was higher.  My suggestion, having been burned
> by this once, is that unless Pat can pay for all the shirts at once and
> then ship them to us at actual cost, we should accept a price rounded up
> to the nearest half-buck.  That way his check won't bounce when he gets
> the shirt and he might actually consider doing something like this again
> someday, unlike me. :-)

I don't particulary want a T-shirt because I never get a chance to wear
them once my wife or daughter spots them.  However, I do have a
recommendation for a local (San Jose) company that specializes in
T-shirts.  Last year Larry Schwarcz had some really neat shirts made up
for those of us in the Bay Area involved in HP's Snake workstations
project.  The shirts were black with a large red outline of a Cobra on
the back.  How could I resist?  I actually got to try mine on once
before my daughter took it over.  I decided to get some more of them so
I called Larry up.  Unfortunately he was already out but he had
had several requests for more.  Since he was really busy at the time he
suggested I have another batch made and gave me all of the necessary
information to do so.  Shortly afterwards I got too busy to follow up so
no more shirts got made.  Anyway, the company that did the shirts also
under bid the cost but was willing to stick with the original bid for
the first (and as it turned out only) batch.  The shirts were first rate
and I think they cost round $12.  The name of the company was:

        My Shirt
        260 E. Virginia St. #4
        San Jose, CA 95112
        (408) 275-6464