Re: badges, decals, or whatever

To: sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Re: badges, decals, or whatever
From: rush@mnementh.Metaphor.COM (Ed Rush)
Date: Thu, 28 May 92 17:45:39 PDT
>What's a rear window? :-)

I know you have a smiley there, but you raise a valid point.
My TR and VW each has a rear window, but it is in the TR boot or
folded under (VW) during warm weather.  Your point is valid,
though.  If we make a decal, where could one put it so people can
see it in nice weather???

Remember a few years back when Union 76 put out those orange balls
for radio antennae?  I wonder if that would be a good SOL marker.

>Real Car Club has a Club Checking Account to which member's dues ...

quite so.

>Unfortunately, unless Pat or Ed has a few hundred bucks lying around
>to spend on speculation,

After I get my LBC on the road, I will have a better idea of how
much discretionary income is left.  If I am not totally broke,
I would be willing (although not enthused) to serve as the front
man -- for one item at a time.

>we have to decide what kinds of things we want, ...
>pins, patches, potholders, key fobs, ...

Mayhaps.

>nose-hair trimmers, or condoms

Hard to print the logo on them, eh?

>get something like consensus before we start passing the hat

And there's the rub. The first question is, why do we want this
dust-collector?  Andrew started the discussion with highway
recognition in mind -- you see an LBC on the street or road, and
the owner flips you the recognition symbol, or you recognize the
decal, sticker, etc.  I, for one, am not going to put a decal on
the painted parts of my TR and, as you point out, there is often
no rear window.  (What would Alfred Hitchcock do?)

  Ed Rush, employed by but not speaking for
  Metaphor Computers, Mtn. View, CA
     UUCP: [...!{apple|decwrl}!]metaphor!rush
     Internet: rush@metaphor.com
Picture a backpacking Shark from Texas with a Mac in a Triumph.