In need of net wisdom

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: In need of net wisdom
From: Nelson Yaple <Nelson_Yaple@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 92 13:10:02 PST
          I have a 72' MGB GT that has about 200K on the clock. I
          don't know if the lower end has ever been rebuilt.  The car
          runs fine but is definitely noisy.  I know this is nothing
          new for an MG.  It doesn't burn any oil (no blue smoke) and
          the plugs look good.  The rockers are worn and the water
          pump has slop.  The question is when I accelerate at about
          3K RPM it knocks fairly loud only during acceleration
          (load).  Is this Main Bearing, Big End Bearing or just the
          things I just mentioned?  I kinda hate to mess with it while
          it runs ok but am I delaying the envitable?  I'm at the
          decision point to just replace the pump and rocker assembly
          or pull the whole mess and start over.

          As for my Lotus, its frame is ready to go to the strip and
          dip. The body is sitting on saw horses in the garage.  Come
          to find out the hard way that the body is exetremely heavy.
          We had to pull the doors off first (they weigh ~75 pounds
          apiece).  It took five of us to lift it off the chassis.
          The Chassis is huge over 10' long.

          As for the SOL shirts issue, count me in for a Polo shirt or
          whatever you come up with.

          Nelson.

          Nelson_Yaple@ccm.hf.intel.com