Re: Rust/Stop Prevent

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rust/Stop Prevent
From: robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com (Robb Pryor)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1992 14:07:58 -0700
On May 29, 11:34am, acg@hermes.dlogics.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: Rust/Stop Prevent
> Bob Spidell <spidell@hpcc01.corp.hp.com> writes:
> > Thoughts, comments, giggles?
>
> I have come across some stuff which you paint right on to the rust which
> purportedly changes it to a hard, black substance which you can then sand

> Just got off the phone with a mechanic friend: the trade name of this stuff
> (as sold in bulk to body shops) is "Zintex". It is apparently also sold at
> retail over-the-counter places as "Extend". Rumor has it that you paint it
> on with a brush, though spray cans may be available. Spelling of the above
> brands is a best-guess...

I used this stuff about five years ago.  I am pleased about the results.  I too
was looking for a "temparary" fix untill I could get around to stripping and
dipping.  In the mean time, I'm not worried about rust on the area I treated.

--
Robb Pryor                      E-mail:robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com
VLSI Group, ESD                 Voice: (415)390-1230