Ideas to sell restored Sunbeam Alpine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Ideas to sell restored Sunbeam Alpine
From: doug@dsg.tandem.com (Doug Bering)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 92 15:57:18 PDT
  I've got a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine that has been fully rebuilt from the
ground up.  I'd like to sell it, but these cars represent such a special
market that I'm looking for ideas on how to reach potential buyers.

  The local newspaper hasn't proved real useful, because it reaches so
few enthusiasts and what can you say in 20 words or less?
I've tried the free supermarket paper with photographs, which reaches
most of the Bay Area, and gotten roughly a dozen calls.  One of those
may pan out.

  I've thought about putting it in a show, an auction, Hemmings, a
Concourse or a Sunbeam Club outing, but I don't have leads on
any of these.  That's why I'm sending this message.

  What works for selling show quality cars that have everything
new on them and less than 100 miles (yes, that's miles not Kmiles)
on them?
                                                 Doug Bering