Re: Ideas to sell restored Sunbeam Alpine

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ideas to sell restored Sunbeam Alpine
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1992 09:06:22 CDT
doug@dsg.tandem.com (Doug Bering) writes:
>   I've got a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine that has been fully rebuilt from the
> ground up.  I'd like to sell it, but these cars represent such a special
> market that I'm looking for ideas on how to reach potential buyers.

Advertise nationwide. Hemmings is such a huge book that I think you could
get lost in traffic, but I have two other suggestions:

"Cars & Parts" -- Yes, I know I am apparently the only one in the country
who reads it, but there must be someone else out there. You get a 20-word
ad free if you're a subscriber (additional words are something like 10 cents
or 20 cents each), and they're running a 35th-anniversary special deal on
putting a photo in the ad; I think it's something like six bucks extra. (By
the way, this month's issue has a feature on American Austin and Bantam.)

"Car Collector" -- Nice glossy magazine, with classifieds in FULL COLOR.
Sorry, I don't have the rates here, but the ads are very nicely presented
and photos are reprinted in a very good size.

If you interested and absolutely can't find copies of either in your area,
Email me and I'll dig up the details.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473