Re: RED LINE WaterWetter

To: Scott Fisher <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Subject: Re: RED LINE WaterWetter
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1992 15:03:49 PDT
Thanks, Scott, for covering what I was just about to type in...

What we're trying to optimize is the ability of the water to transfer
heat. What a lot of folks realize is that a 33% mix of glycol transfers
heat better than either straight water or the usually recommended 50%
mix. If you're having cooling problems, you might be well advised to
just try running with less glycol rather than buying some expensive miracle mix.

(Note that the instructions on the bottle say "Less than 50% antifreeze
provides further improvement in temperature reduction.")