Thanks in general and a tip

To: british-cars@hoosier (For posting news to british group)
Subject: Thanks in general and a tip
From: Bob "Mr Optimistic" Deasy <deasy@sequent.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 92 8:04:45 PDT
I feel it important to share tips and tricks about sworking and
based upon the fact that many of you have helped me via the list
here's a "trick."

I am rebuilding a 73 MGB/GT that was neglected by the previous owner and
whilst working on the frontend I removed the calipers, brakes hoses and
everything else with out expelling the pistons from the calipers. I remember
reading on the list plus the manual states:" Do not separate the caliper
halves."

So I took an old bicycle pump removed the hose from it and replaced it with
one of the flexable brake hoses to create a piston expeller.

By carefully pumping the handle I managed to expell one side and then using
my finger plugged the hole enough to expell the other.(Note: The brake fluid
was rust colored.)

Guess I'll have a reason to save even more pieces from now on. :-)

Thanks for all the tips and I'm really having fun now.
--
        Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.

                                                - Henri Bergson