Re: Re: MG Midget Clutch Release Bearing

To: stauffer@cc.swarthmore.edu
Subject: Re: Re: MG Midget Clutch Release Bearing
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 13:23:10 pdt
> Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1992 14:26:16 -0500
> To: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
> From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer@cc.swarthmore.edu>
> Subject: Re: MG Midget Clutch Release Bearing
> Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
>
> >     On another subject, I'm derus   ting all the suspension bits using a
>wire
> >     brush, steel wool, and acid.
> >
> >Eastwood sells a nice wheel for use with a drill that's basically
> >looseweave scotchbrite plastered with silicon carbide. Really good at
> >getting anything off, leaves a finish like 80 grit sandpaper.

> usually have with those things is that they're difficult to get into all
> the small spaces - they've been highly recommended for fenders.

I found that one very useful attachment for my drill motor was a
flexible shaft with a chuck on the end.  Handy for getting into tight
places.  I also bought one for my Dremel tool.

At a local tool store I also found some small (~1" to ~2") flexible
grinding disks that screw onto the end of a shaft that chucks into a
drill.

Roland