Re: Gookey windows yuccchhh !!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gookey windows yuccchhh !!
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1992 10:33:25 CDT
Ben Hodson <hodsonb@prl.phil.co.uk> writes:
> The result is a sticky (when it's warm and sunny) and hard (when it's
> cold and rainy) non-see-through covering on my rear soft top window. What
> can I do? [...] Even when this stuff is sticky it is impossible to shift
> with warm soapy water.

Maybe not soapy water, but REALLY soapy water might cut through it. By that
I mean, wet down the window with a spray of water, then squirt a fairly
generous quantity of Ivory liquid (if in the United States) or Fairy liquid
(if on the proper side of the pond) straight onto the plastic and work it
in with a wet sponge. You will work up a very goopy concoction of detergent
that will require a good flushing from the hose to wash away, but I think
you'll find that it will cut through all the tree sap, etc., as well.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473