Re: Parts cars for sale in Oregon

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts cars for sale in Oregon
From: mrmike@michelotti.ae.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 92 08:31:15 EDT
# In message <9208242134.AA11779@elegans.wustl.edu>,
# lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye) writes:

john> acg sez:

->               have you considered renting a truck and just
->sticking the car inside? Seems to me that it should fit
->inside an average U-Haul truck if you can devise a way to
->get it up the ramps.

john> Don't do it!

john> At least, not like this.  I have a freind who used to be
john> the shop foreman at Scotland Yard (now defunct).
john> Anyway, they had someone bring them what used to be a
john> really nice big Healey that had been transported like
john> this.  What happened is that whenever the truck went
john> over a bump, the car hopped a bit inside the truck.
john> Over the course of the drive, it managed to walk its way
john> around the inside of the truck, damaging or destroying
john> *every* body panel that could conceivably contact the
john> inside of the truck.

Speaking from experience, there may also be some legality
involved.  I once got a ticket for "Transporting Gasoline in a
non-DOT approved container".  How a gas tank qualifies as
that, I don't know, but there it is.  It wasn't a moving
violation, so I paid it and forgot about it...
                                                        - MM

--
passaretti@crd.ge.com           {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!passaret
mrmike@michelotti.ae.ge.com     {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!michelotti!mrmike