RE: anybody have this size tap?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, cdenzler@sierra.com
Subject: RE: anybody have this size tap?
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 11:03:51 PDT
>I have been poking around, looking for a tap for the holes that the rotoflex
>bolts thread into on my GT6+.  Well, it is 13mm 1.25 pitch and doesn't seem
>to reside on any shelf I have found.

Are you sure this is the correct size?  None of the thread or tap charts I have
show a size of M13, they all jump from M12 to M14.  I also looked in machine
tool catalog and there's no such thing.  I don't have rotoflex's on my GT6,
maybe someone who does can help.  The other thing to do is drill it out a
little bigger and tap it to a standard size.  I had an engine once that had
10mm plugs in the oil gallery.  Couldn't find replacements anywhere, so I just
tapped them 1/8" NPT and got plugs at the hardware store.

Mike G.