Re: anybody have this size tap?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anybody have this size tap?
From: plumpe@oasys.dt.navy.mil (David Plumpe)
Date: 13 Aug 93 07:10 EDT
On 12 Aug 93 07:18, Chris Denzler wrote:

>I have been poking around, looking for a tap for the holes that the rotoflex
>bolts thread into on my GT6+.  Well, it is 13mm 1.25 pitch and doesn't seem
>to reside on any shelf I have found.
>   I could get one made, but for that kind of money I will make the bolts fit
>with a bigger wrench.  (Actually the threads aren't all that bad, but I'd
>like to clean them up)

    Hmmmmm.   Could that *possibly* be a common 1/2-20 NF thread ???
1/2-20 looks like 12.7x1.27mm in the metric world.  Try measuring it
again, but with an inch ruler.
    Just for info, 1/2" Whitworth have 12 tpi, while 1/2" BSF have 16,
so it doesn't sound like either of them.  We MGTF people are used to
thread assortments - heck, we even have metric bolts with Whitworth
heads!

-DaveP
-------