RE: greasable ujoints

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, cdenzler@sierra.com
Subject: RE: greasable ujoints
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 08:54:50 PDT
     Chris Denzler writes;

  I replaced the driveshaft U-joints on the GT6+ with the ones with a grease
nipple from TRF.  QL15002, I believe.   It sure doesn't look like there will
be any clearance for the U-joint to do its thing with the grease nipple in
place.  Wisdom? Advice?  (It's the really long, straight grease nipple.)

     >>What we did on a 100-6 with the same problem was to
     use the long grease fitting (zirk fitting) only when
     you wanted to lube the u-joints, replacing it with an
     allen head set screw at all other times. The only
     problem we ever encountered was *finding* the long zirk
     fitting when we needed it. :-|

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com