More Famous Movie Cars

To: hoosier.cs.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: More Famous Movie Cars
From: jeb@mtqua.att.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 16:20 EDT
Here's a reference from way out in left field.  In Mexico, professional
wrestlers are, or have been in the past, cult figures.  There was one
particular guy, called El Santo, who always wore a mask and cape.  Not
only did he wrestle, he also made a whole series of movies, always
playing the EL Santo character.  In fact, he pretty much *became* the
character, so that he was buried wearing his mask and wrestling tights.
Later his son took over the character to make more movies.  I heard
about this from several places, then got all the details on an episode
of "The Incredibly Strange Film Show".  Anyway, in the movies, El
Santo drove a red MGA, wearing his mask and cape.  Great stuff!  I
may still have a videotape somewhere.  I remember they showed a scene
at the end of a movie, with three LBCs driving off side-by-side, with
El Santo in his MGA, wearing mask and cape, and other characters in
what I remember as newer MGs.

Jim Beckman       1955 AH-100 BN1     att!mtqua!jeb