Re: TR6 flasher/directionals

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com,
Subject: Re: TR6 flasher/directionals
From: khazad!briton!bownes@uu.psi.com (Robert M. Bownes III)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 93 15:10:28 EDT
->      I'll try the wire from the back of the car to a good ground in the
->front and see if it helps.  That makes sense.  I know the ground in the
->front is good (.2 Ohms from battery terminal to random rusty grounding spade
->at the front grill).  The car isn't significantly rusty, though.
->
        Doesn't have to be. The connections corrode badly as time goes by.
My TR-6 taillights need to be take out every couple of years and cleaned out
with scouring pad or something similar. Check *every* connection.

->      The electrical system must have gotten annoyed at being ignored for
->4 years.  Yesterday the turn signals, radio, and all the electrical
->instruments died on the way to walleyball.  However, after walleyball they
->were all working again.  Maybe a bad/loose fuse?
->
        Sounds like a corroded fuse box. Again, really common.

->      While checking that out, I also noticed my left rear brake light wasn't
->working (though the LR taillight was).  Popped it out today, both filaments
->are good.  Now I get to check that circuit too.  Ugh.
->
        Check the grounding of the socket to the housing...

iii