Early Spridget dash switch question, rev. 1

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Early Spridget dash switch question, rev. 1
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 13:21:59 PDT
     Earlier I asked about the orientation of the
     two-position dash switches used on Spridgets from
     post-Bugeye up to whenever they went to rocker
     switches. I included the helpful drawing below to
     assist in explaining my question, but I erred in my
     indication of what is "ON" and "OFF". In fact, I now
     realize that the position of On & Off has no
     significance to my question, as the switches on or
     off states are absolute and thus independent of how
     they are oriented in the dash. So I restate my
     question;

          Which way are the two-position toggle switches on
     post Bugeye Spridgets supposed to be oriented ?
     (Note: the ascii dwg is accurate in the positions of
     the toggle; one position is completely horizontal while
     the other is ~ 45 degrees to the horizontal)

>           ----(
>                                  \
>                        or         \
>              /

          Hope this isn't too confusing - and thanks to the
     people that have already replied, although the split on
     answers was 50/50 so far ...... :-|

                                   daren