TR4 Carbs - cost???

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Carbs - cost???
From: paulb@taronga.com (Paul Christian Bick)
Date: 12 Oct 93 22:56:54 CDT (Tue)
Well, after lurking on this list for a few months, I thought I should try
you all for a little informed advice. I have a 1964 TR4 with one defunct
carb.  There is a local yard here in Houston where I can get a Stromberg
repalcement for $100.  Is that a reasonable proce.  Please don't tell me
about Webers or other conversions - even if they are a 1000 times better
and more reliable.  IF I have to worry about 100, I really can't give too
much serious thought to the cost of converting.  Any help would be
welcome.  thanks.  Paul
--
Houston  Texas