re:British Cars Digest #967 Thu Oct 14 01:15:01 MDT 1993

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re:British Cars Digest #967 Thu Oct 14 01:15:01 MDT 1993
From: "Iain (I.) Woolf" <iainw@bnr.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 10:36:05 +0000
Re: Trivia quiz

Speaking as a Brit (don't be fooled by the mail address, I am alive
and well in Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK), I would like to ask a question
that came to me after reading some of the trivia answers.

If what you call the driveshaft is what I call the prop(eller) shaft -
ie. the shaft going from the gearbox (transmission) to the
differential. Then what do you call what brits call the driveshafts
(shaft from differential to wheel)?

Iain "You say tomato I say tomato" Woolf
iainw@bnr.ca

PS. A choke is never called a strangler here. However, if you strangle
someone you could be choking them - is this what you meant?
 Also, MPH (Miles per hour) is MPH is MPH. I know US pints and gallons
are different to UK, but miles? And KPH (sometimes KMH) is 1Km per
hour (ie. 1000m per hour). I think I may be missing the point of this
question.