British Trivia

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British Trivia
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 93 11:05:22 BST

Doug,

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I think some of your Trivia answers are wrong:

1. BSW is British Standard WHITWORTH (Wentworth's where Nick Faldo plays)
2. Morris Garage_S_
10. We are more likely to say shock absorber
12. I haven't seen Strangler since my Dad's 1936 Austin Ruby manual
14. Very definitely still MPH
16. Usually "Prop shaft" or drive shaft, never propellor shaft
22. No, not any large gear, but a gear with the teeth on the side, not on the
top.
24. Never heard of chubby box - glove box

Paul "I don't put jelly on my peanut butter" Garside

From  rwg1@cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:54:46 2001