Re: Rebuilding an MG-TC

To: ahrendt@cg-atla.agfa.com (Dave Ahrendt)
Subject: Re: Rebuilding an MG-TC
From: jerry@tr2.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 22:07:04 +0000 (GMT)
Dave Ahrendt writes;

>       What's the word on good paint?  Is Lacquer the thing to use
> for ease of touchup? How about clearcoat, two-part catalyst, etc? I'd
> rather not have a paint job that looks too modern,  but is need
> something durable.  Do most people do something under the wings to
> prevent chipping, beside undercoat which looks bad on a TC?

Dave,
   Considering the bucks you're putting into this car, I'd hold out for
a quality urethane enamel.  Something like Imron or Kronar. And for a
primer, my old favorite, ppg DP40.  Same stuff under the wings, either
body color or glossy black.

                             - Jerry
--
* Jerry Kaidor       jerry@tr2.com, jkaidor@synoptics.com     *
*                    KF6VB                                    *