Better oil cooler adaptor needed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Better oil cooler adaptor needed
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 9:38:42 -0700 (MST)
Has any Spitfire or Midget 1500 owner come across an original
style oil cooler adaptor with the hose connections at 90 degrees
to each other?

I've just installed the one from TRF and it's quite unsuitable.
The connections are on the same side, parallel to each other, and
it's a bad fit.   The adaptor goes on okay, but it must be in a
certain position to attach the hoses.  This position causes the
hoses to brush a supporting member in the engine bay, and I'm
worried about abrasion, since the engine does wiggle on startup
and under load.

All the other catalogues* I have show the same kind of adaptor,
not the original-style 90 degree type which would work far
better.

I think this adaptor spells big trouble and I'm reluctant to
use it.  Anyone who's found a source for the 90-degree style
please let me know.

Thanks.
djp@alpha.sunquest.com

*Other catalogues checked: Moss, TriumphTune and Vic Brit.