Honda (Land Rover) Discovery

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Honda (Land Rover) Discovery
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 09:22:08 -0400
Yesterday, I wrote:

> Obligatory British Car content:  I just read in the latest issue of
> "British Car" that came in the mail yesterday that Land Rovers (or was
> it Range Rovers?) are going to be sold as _Hondas_ in Japan!!!  Apparently
> it creates 300 jobs in Solihull, England.

Remembered to check... Land Rover Discoverys are going to be sold as Hondas
in Japan.  Apparently its the first time a Japanese auto maker has ever done
this, putting a Japanese badge on a 100% foreign auto.

        Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
  "Like a stately Aston Martin... With all her bravery on, and tackle trim..."
          (With apologies to John Milton who said "ship" in his original quote)