re:TR running too cold?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re:TR running too cold?
From: SUNDEEN@sask.usask.ca
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1993 11:25:28 -0600 (CST)
You TR drivers that are complaining that your Triumphs are running too cold
should feel lucky.  I have a 1961 TR3A which despite all my efforts continues
to run too hot, even in cooler weather (the only difference the weather makes
is that the over-heating takes longer to occur).  I even had the Radiator
re-cored and it seems to have made no difference.  To be honest I have always
heard that these cars had the propencity to run too hot.  If yours are running
too cold maybe you need a "warmer" thermostat.

BTW my poor little TR was recently smashed in a hit and run accident when it
was parked in front of my house.  The rear fender is a right-off but the car
is still drivable.  I figure that the cost of repair will just about equal
the deductable on my insurance, so I will probably replace the fender myself
next spring.  I only wish that the b*****d would have hit my 10 year old Honda
instead.

Glenn Sundeen
Saskatoon Saskatchewan