Re: Oil pump (Renault-Europa)

To: mike@setanta.demon.co.uk, phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Oil pump (Renault-Europa)
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 93 09:41:39 -0700
Phil writes:
>Mike Causer writes >
>
>> wouldn't the workshop manual have something to say about how to prime
>> the pump?
>
>One would think so, but I have not been able to find it.

I checked the Renault R16 manual as well as the Europa manual when Phil
first described his trouble:  No dice.  (Plenty of info on checking the
pump-rotor clearance, cleaning the strainer, and compatibility between
several different styles of pickup and sump, but nothing on priming the
pump.)

Someone suggested the old electric drill trick.  I'm not sure it's possible
on this Frog engine.  Phil, do you remember whether the oil pump is
driven by the distributor shaft?  Seems like I recall that there's a separate
gear on the camshaft.

-coryc

|     >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<     |
| Cory R. Carpenter, Senior Tech Writer  | "The secret to life is, don't     |
| Sequent Computer Systems, Incorporated |  take it personally'"             |
|  coryc@sequent.com                     |           --Father Guido Sarducci |