Volvo ad vs MG

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Volvo ad vs MG
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 11:08:10 EST
Todd wrote...
> In fact, I'm relatively new to British Car ownership, having hauled mom's B
> from Fresno, California to the sunny Mississippi Gulf Coast (I bought it from
> her for $1, but the Volvo broke down in Seligman, Arizona for 6 days - any
> sympathy is _greatly_ appreciated) just this past July.  92K miles; 1 owner;
> all original; no rust; a few carb troubles at first, but I got 'em licked;
> presently my daily driver.

I haven't seen it, but at the local MG club meeting last night (thanks for
inviting me Wade!) they referenced an ad being used by Volvo.  It apparantly
goes something like:

        I have 5 Volvos -- plus an MG I work on on weekends.
        (as a plug for Volvo reliability)

Maybe they should talk with Todd!

Anybody else seen the ad?  I don't even know if it's a TV or magazine ad.

Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com

PS.  Wade brought his scrapbook on the MG project we've been reading about.
Nice project!  It's also full of writings along the lines of what he's been
posting here.  There could be a steady supply of good reading here if we
can get him to keep posting things from it.