<sigh.> My beloved Amanda and he

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: <sigh.> My beloved Amanda and he
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 94 01:26:34 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(<sigh.> My beloved Amanda and he) File(FEB05942.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 02-05-1994 .. 01:09:34
... STUFF DELETED!>
>Sorry about the length.  I needed to get that out. In any case, here's the
>question...what could cause that last symptom?  i don't have the tools/space/
>expertise/molecular kinetic energy to try and fix her myself, but I'd love to
>know if anyone has run into this or knows what it is. Symptoms are as above...
>won't go into gear with the engine running, but will with the motor off and
>when started with the clutch down does not move, and once in third gear the
>clutch
>worked normally..except that if I shifted out of third I couldn't get back in.

Sounds like clutch problems. The clutch is working well enough
that when disengaged and in gear the car does not roll but when
you move the transmition to nuteral the input shaft begins to spin
because the clutch aint lettin go all the way. This would make it
extremly hard, or imposible, to get into gear.
It could be as easy as an adjustment to the hydrolic linkages
so that the clutch fully disengages. Or the driven plate could
have begun to separate. Or the pilot bearing (in the back of
the crankshaft) could be bad. That's what happened to mine.
In any case I think you are looking at a clutch job. Sorry.

 ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                  !
 ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University               !
 ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department of Communications    !
 ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.           !
 ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                         !
 ! FAX:         (504) 865-3666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118           !