Re: POR-15

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: POR-15
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 1994 15:57:34 -0600 (CST)
>Jody Levine wrote:
>> Has anyone else had experience with POR-15?
Ray Gibbons says:
>I painted the inside of the "trunk" of the bugeye with it.  It wasn't
>rusty, in fact it was clean original factory primer, but I reasoned so much
>the better.

My experience with POR-15 is limited, but the manufacturer *does* only
recommend painting directly on bare metal (or over a slightly rusty
surface).  The instructions I got specifically forbade putting it over any
kind of primer.  I spoke with someone at their tech.service number who also
said that a little moisture was OK, but there mustn't be any trace of
solvents or oils.  It sticks like Krazy Glue to the metal I've used it on.

Lee M. Daniels              Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu     Texas A&M University      (409) 845-3726