Scarborough Faire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Scarborough Faire
From: root@isaac.msfc.nasa.gov (Operator)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 94 13:22:05 GMT-0600
Hello,
This is my first submission to the British Cars mailing list.  I've
owned several MGB's and Midgets in my time, and am currently
attempting to restore a '59 MGA.  I ordered some parts from a company
called Scarborough Faire, out of Rhode Island.  I received some of
them, and a week or so later I called them to ask about the balance
of the order.  Somebody told me the parts had been "back-ordered"
(I'll swear to this), so I forgot about it.  Later on (I have to
admit, several months later - I really did forget about it) I phoned
them back to inquire about the back-ordered parts.  I was then told
that everything related to that order had been shipped at the same
time, and that nothing had been back-ordered.  Basically they told me
that I was out of luck, and out of pocket.  I swore never to order
anything from them again.  Has anyone out there had a similar
experience with this company, or am I just a statistical fluke?
Also, can anyone recommend good companies for MGA parts?

Thanks,
Michael Flora (root@isaac.msfc.nasa.gov)