Re: Get a new car

To: triumph@io.org, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Get a new car
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 10:01:51 -0800
In message <Pine.3.89.9402150919.C5819-0100000@r-node.io.org> Christopher Ball
writes:

> Here's a fabulous new plan for the spiring driving season. I hit on this
> whilst taking my TR3A apart for the third time.
>
> Now, the first time I stripped it there were a few brackets left over and
> the odd bit I got not identify.
>
> The second time there were entire panels extra and old seats, a ratty
> top, and many other odds and sods.
>
> This time there were so many pieces that a visitor to the garagr thought
> that it was a project car, rath er than a pile of extras !
>
> So, thats the scopp. Take your car apart ten times and put it back
> together and you'll finf that you have a second car of the same make!!!
> Then you ca nrestore it and give it to your spouse.
>
> It's really that simple. It's the fishes and loaves theory of LBCs!!
>
> Try it.

It almost might work.  I'm amassing a big pile of parts that worked & looked
sorta OK on my pre-rebuild TR3  but are totally unacceptable on my New TR3.
Only problem is I've already gotten rid of the old bonnet, boot lid and two
doors.  I never got the old floors inner & outer sills back from the body shop
that put the new ones in for me.  Oh well, dosn't matter, I don't think I would
be happy with one built up from my reject old parts.  I would probably just
rebuild the new old part car with new parts.  I think it would be never ending.
It would be easier just to skip the old parts & build a new one from scratch
;*)  ;*)  ;*)

What i am planing to do is when the TR3 is done, load up the Land Rover with the
old parts & take them to a swap meet & give them away.  There are a few
duplicate new parts (Couldn't always remember that I had already purchased) that
I will be getting rid of, but they will go for real $$ or a trade on something
neat I don't already have.

Hmm Maybe I should start collecting big Healey parts

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561